Celebrating our 16th Anniversary.
The Lauritzen Gardens Antiques Show’s sixteenth year is heralding in a fresh look of renowned experts in antiques, gardening, and various fields of design and art to Omaha. The show’s three days are filled with educational experiences and of course fabulous and affordable shopping opportunities. Under the leadership of our honorary chairmen Cindy Bay and Mary Seina the show has grown in stature to become one of the region’s most anticipated events.
- The show has captured the imagination of more than 65,000 people and has grown to provide the garden with an important and steady source of revenue, netting more than $6.1 million in just fourteen years.
- Net annual income from the Antiques Show has risen from $250,000 to over $650,000 during the past 15 years and the show has become not only a significant revenue source but also an important opportunity to attract new donors to the garden and steward recurring benefactors.
- Contributed income accounts for fully two-thirds of the garden’s annual operating budget. In 2016, net income from the show accounted for more than 26 percent of all contributed income.
- Robust new marketing approach using digital, print and our website. In 2018, with social media, our website, and print and were able to reach out to about 817,000 people, making 12,263,917 impressions, with a frequency of 15 times in a four month timeframe throughout the Metro and Midwest to bring a whole new audience to the show. It is also sent all 12,000 garden member households and over 6000 people receive invitations.
- The show offers a one-of-a-kind collector’s experience not found elsewhere in the region. Showcasing more than 30 exhibitor booths, the show represents both international and domestic dealers with beautiful and affordable examples of museum quality antiques.
- Educational opportunities throughout the weekend include: free daily Antique Academy sessions, an ASID accredited design class, and a Sunday cooking demonstration with a local chef.
- Past luncheon lecturers include: Jeffrey Bilhuber, Alessandra Branca, Martyn Laurence Bullard, Lady Henrietta Spencer-Churchill, Shane Connolly, Barry Dixon, Sophie Donelson, Charles Faudree, Alexa Hampton, India Hicks, Alex Hitz, Kathryn Ireland, Thomas Jayne, The Keno Brothers, Mary McDonald, Judith Miller, Charlotte Moss, Miles Redd, Suzanne Rheinstein, Markham Roberts, Carolyne Roehm, Mark D. Sikes, P. Allen Smith, Steven Stolman, Jay Strongwater, Carleton Varney and Bunny Williams.